Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Smartphones and children-4/1

When reading through  few news articles on yahoo. I found an interesting one that proves great points. Whether or not your child should have smartphone or not. I personally agree with the main points of the article. No, younger kids should not have smartphones. To me it seems pretty unnecessary, I myself, did not even have a phone until I was a sophomore in high school, and still really did not have a big need for it. Most use is from using online media or texting friends rather than what parents want to think of it as keeping track of their kids. Smartphones pose a threat mainly with younger kids having the responsibility to use them correctly. Some children may not be responsible enough to use technology the correct way until they are somewhat older.
   If parents need an easy way to stay in touch with their kids, the article did prove a pretty cool alternative. It is a device that fits around their wrist called a FiLIP which allows parents to be able to locate their child relatively anywhere and also has up to a allowance of 5 minute calls at anytime without being able to contact 911. This sounds more inviting and even more important, cheaper and cost effective. Not only do I personally believe kids do not need their own phones until high school, there has to be better ways than giving in and buying one.

If you would like to check out the article the URL is below.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/are-smartphones-bad-for-your-kids-81214746380.html

No comments:

Post a Comment